Whether someone you know is having a first baby or adding another to the family, there are certain gifts that are more appreciated than just another baby bib. Of course, little ones do go through baby bibs at a record pace, so think about including one as part of your gift.
1. Keepsake gifts, especially ones that are personalized, are always an excellent choice. The variety is only as limited as your imagination. There are keepsake boxes that preserve things like the first lock of hair or those amazing sonogram photos. Maybe you prefer to send a personalized blanket or a monogrammed outfit. New parents always love something that has baby's name on it or an item that will become a special treasure forever.
2. Gift baskets make great gifts for a variety of reasons. You can select one has a blue theme for a baby boy, pink for a baby girl or neutral colors if the gender is unknown and the gift is for a baby shower. The baskets can hold anything from receiving bamboo blankets and hooded towels to practical items like onesies, booties, teething rings and a soft cuddly toy to keep baby happy. For corporate gifts, neighbourhood gifts or any combination of people who want to go in together, gift baskets allow you to select something that pleases everyone. Since the baskets come in all price ranges and contain a variety of items, there is always one that is perfect.
3. Diaper cakes! No, they're not something to eat. Most diaper cakes begin with a layer of disposable diapers that form the base of the 'cake'. From there the designer creates two, three or more layers of useful items for the new parents. Typically there will be washcloths and towels, bibs, booties, teething toys, plush toys, pacifiers, a feeding bottle and more. Many are created around a theme, such as a cartoon character, and they make a wonderful centerpiece for a baby shower. It's a great way to decorate and have a gift with only one purchase. There are always selections for twins or triplets, too.
4. Baby rockers are a more practical gift than just a baby carrier. They have all of the same amenities such as colorful fabric, stimulating toys and a hood to keep baby protected from too much room light or sun light. The plus is that parents can gently rock the baby with varying degrees of movement - or it can be stopped completely. When baby is happy, Mom and Dad are happy. It's relaxation therapy for everyone.
5. Rocking horses and child-sized rocking chairs are gifts to consider when the baby has older brothers or sisters. No doubt the parents will still have many of the items needed for a newborn, such as clothes, blankets, baby bottles, baby furniture, car seats, etc. Instead of duplicating things that aren't needed, consider a gift that baby can grow into. If baby's name is painted or embroidered on the horse or chair that makes it just that much more special. Give the older brother or sister a chance to briefly enjoy the gift with the understanding that it's to be put away for when baby is old enough to use it. Depending on the age of the older children, you may find that you have to purchase one of these special gifts for them, too!
We also have compiled a list of perfect special gift for mom. These gifts are guaranteed to make your mom feel warm and fuzzy inside. There shouldn't be an occasion to present your mom with a gift. Try these great gift ideas to make a special occasion even more memorable.
Perfect gift no. 1: There is noting better than a beautiful pair of gold earrings to light up your mom's day. Earrings are an essential part of Mother's jewelry.
Perfect gift no. 2: A box of chocolate is an excellent gift. It is inexpensive and heart shaped chocolates do a good job of communicating the sweetness in your heart.
Perfect gift no. 3: A diamond ring makes for an excellent gift. There are many online jewelry stores that are loaded with all types of diamond rings, make sure that you select a diamond ring for moms.
Perfect gift no. 4: If a diamond ring sounds too expensive, don't worry, a simple gold ring with a name embossed on the inside works just as well. Jewelry makes for great gifts for mom.
Perfect gift no. 5: You don't need to break the bank to buy your mom jewelry. If you are on a budget a gold pendant makes a great gift. Gold pendants for moms, have an image of a mother and baby designed, that increases its beauty.